Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rewards pay off


A few weeks ago I posted about our new chores and rewards system. I figured it was time for an update on how things are working out. I am happy to report that it is going really well. The kids are doing the chores that are posted for them and sometimes even arguing that someone got that chore "the last time." Logan loves to clean the toilet for some reason and gets very upset if someone else gets the job. It's also been good for us to see who does a better job at which chore. Peighton does the best at cleaning the bathroom sink and mirror while Grant does the best job of dusting and vacuuming. The kids are also seeing the benefit of saving their reward points. Last week Logan saved his and was able to get this fake kids shaving kit for the bathtub. He was so excited and of course wanted to take a bath immediately so he could "shave."

A coworker told me about a website she uses for her kids for chores. It's called www.payjr.com It also allows the parents to input a dollar amount for specific chores. This is definately something I could see myself using this system with Grant. I think P & L will benefit more from the system we are using now due to their age.

No comments: